Christ Chapel International (CCI) is an English-speaking, non-profit, and non-denominational Christian fellowship that is: contemporary, charismatic (believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operational today), and yet conservative in her values. The core of their vision is to ‘Know God’s Word and Reach God’s World.’
CCI’s vision anchors on the:
• ‘Great Command’ ― ‘to love God and love our neighbor as ourselves’ (Luke 22:37-39); and the
• ‘Great Commission’ – ‘to go and make disciples [of Jesus Christ] of all nations’ (Matthew 28:19-20).
CCI seeks to achieve this through its strong koinonia (fellowship) ministry where the inner life of the church (Christians) is strengthened through discipleship programs, worship, Bible studies, cell groups, workshops/seminars, etc., and then its outward/outreach ministries through the kerygmatic (proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ) to the hurting world and establishing other chapels in cities and nations as a hub for discipleship; and the diakonic (social work) ministry where the church will endeavor to make a contribution to the community challenges through various initiatives.
To have a generation who will know the Living Word (Jesus Christ) and His Written Word, and then make Him known through the person and power of the Holy Spirit to the cities and nations of the world.
Christ Chapel International exists to raise up a people who will have the content of God’s Word, the character that reflects the life and love of Jesus Christ, and the competence to reach out to their sphere of influence with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Core values frame the culture of a people. As CCI, the following are the Core Values we uphold:
• Family (Ephesians 5:22-33, 6:1-4; Colossians 3:18-21)
• Discipleship (Matthew 28:19-20)
• Missions (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8)
• Teamwork (Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12:12-26)
• Service (1 Peter 4:10)
• Excellence (Ecclesiastes 9:10, Colossians 3:23-24)
• Respect (1 Peter 2:17)
CCI Statement of Faith
As Christians, we may not always agree on every aspect or interpretation of the Bible. However, this should never be the source of division. We are united around the person of Jesus Christ. There are certain fundamental beliefs that should unite us. A statement of faith is a declaration of what we hold to as absolute and thus are not willing to compromise. CCI’s core statements of faith are expressed as follows:
1. We believe that there is one true God eternally existent as three distinct Persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ― all co-existent, co-eternal and co-equal.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Only-begotten Son of God and very God Himself, God incarnate ― fully God and fully man, not created but the Creator.
3. We believe the Holy Spirit is a person, the third person of the Holy Trinity, and thus very God Himself.
4. We believe that the Written Word (as recorded in the Bible) is the infallible Word of God and the reference point for the Christian’s faith and practice.
5. We believe that salvation is only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and His shed blood at the Cross, and good works are not the prerequisite to salvation but rather the product of our salvation.
6. We believe in water baptism by immersion as an outward testimony to the reality that the believer in Christ died, was buried, and rose with Christ.
7. We believe that baptism in the Holy Spirit is an experience distinct from but subsequent to conversion and is given for the empowerment of the believer for effective Christian ministry. We believe that speaking in tongues is the initial (but not the only) physical evidence of this reality.
8. We believe in the physical and visible Second Coming of Jesus Christ in the clouds which shall entail the resurrection of the dead in Christ and rapture of the saints.
9. We believe in the literal millennial reign of Christ on this earth where the redeemed shall serve as kings and priests.
10. We believe that after the millennial rule of Christ, there will be a new heaven and new earth and God will dwell with His people forever.
11. We believe marriage according to God’s original pattern is between one man and one woman in a covenant relationship before God and today it must also be in the presence of witnesses as an accountability framework to each other and society.